Thursday, February 26, 2009

Happy Birthday, Michael

My oldest son turned 7 years old today. 7 years ago, we went to the hospital at 7 am and had a baby 4 hours later. That was the last time he'd be cooperative for the next 2 years.


However, in spite of a rough start, Michael is a wonderful young man now who is very sensitive to others and fun to be around.


He loves science, and chose to go to the planetarium with his grandpa (an amateur astronomer) instead of having a birthday party. I told him I'd make whatever he wanted for dinner-- he chose "mancakes"-- plate-size pancakes. He also wanted a Saturn shaped birthday cake. (Does he remember he has a kitchen-impaired mother?)

Here's what he got:

Saturn's rings, of course, are made of Nerds. Mike seemed to like it.


Here's my handsome boy--




He'll kill me for this one, but this is a common sight when you're around Michael very much. Poor little guy. Keeps growing up and not out. His pants are 8 slims and they still fall down.

Layne Matthew and Michael Layne:

Brothers:

Emalee really wanted to name him Buzz Lightyear. I think he appreciates that we said no.

Happy Birthday, My Boy! We love you!

2 comments:

7packofbearss said...

Happy Birthday Mikey-man!! We love you! Hope you had an awesome day!

R Fitz said...

Hope you had a great birthday Mike! And I loved the Saturn cake!