Monday, February 09, 2009

Just Another Manic Monday

I'm feeling, well, I'm so sorry, but for lack of a better word, I'm going to have to say bitchy. I tried grumpy and crabby and a few others, but nothing else quite described my state of mind.

It could be the chocolate. It's kind of a funny feeling-- like I walked out of the house without my bra on or something. I just feel like something important is missing.

It also could be that I spent the whole morning doing the two things I hate most-- cleaning my shower and cleaning the pig sty that my daughter calls her bedroom.

As far as the shower is concerned, I've never worried too much about it before, as Layne was always too blind to see it. Now that he's had Lasik, I'm sure he's noticing streaks of mold and mildew that before just looked like black granite streaks. Except that our shower is white tile.

I decided to dig out the grody silicone and redo the caulk. I ended up scrubbing the dang thing with steel wool to try and get all of the gunk off it. I scrubbed and scrubbed and nearly killed myself with chlorine fumes. I hate that job.

As for Em's room-- SERIOUSLY-- how much junk can one 9 year old girl collect? I cleaned her room out really well around Christmas time, so how in the world could there be 15 years worth of crap in a room that was gutted 2 months ago? The kid is a pack rat-- and she didn't get it from me. We'll see how long it takes her to figure out how much of her stuff I trashed.

Now, I know, by cleaning her room for her, I am enabling her pig-like tendencies and all that crap. That's not it. I didn't do it for her. She seems to like her little messy rat's nest. I did it for me because to get to my room, I have to walk past her room and it makes my blood pressure jump every time I see it. So, for my own sanity, I entered the pre-teen realm of no return. Let's see if she notices...

3 comments:

7packofbearss said...

I haven't even showered yet. Did my list of Monday things get finished? NO!! In fact here I sit wondering why I didn't shower. What did I get accomplished? Just one of those days I guess.

Anonymous said...

Could put Em in the basement so you don't have to see it every time you pass it. You know...like your mom did!!!???

tiff said...

I can feel the bedroom angst through the computer. I've felt it before myself.... Although my blood pressure rises when anywhere in the house stays too messy for too long. I shouldn't identify with my surroundings so much, but I do.