Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I Can't Believe It's Over. . .

So, here I am in the JFK airport for a 5 hour layover. My great and spontaneous adventure is over and I have to wonder if I dreamed it all. Here are a few more highlights:
Here's me buying pizza. As far as I could tell, Italians eat pizza, spaghetti and really good ice cream. And that's about it. . .

Here's the only pic of me and Layne together in front of the capitol building. Some little guy took it who could barely figure out how to press the button. We're lucky it came out.

Can I tell you how cool I felt riding a bike around a park in Rome? Dream come true. It definitely wasn't my Trek, though. I think those bikes were built for midgets.


View of Rome from the TOP of St. Peters. I had to climbe 5 million and 3 stairs to get this picture. I still have sore calves to remind me.


Here's Michaelangelo's Pieta-- it is so beautiful I could have cried.

Here's Layne in St. Peter's square. I can't even begin to describe how huge this place is.

This is Trevi Fountain at night. I love this fountain-- we ended up here at least once a day all three days. It is by Bernini and he is one of my favorite sculptors. The fountain looks like it grows out of the building.

This is the Pantheon at night. This was one of my favorite places. I studied Latin for 3+ years and Art History as well and this was one thing I always wanted to see. On our actual anniversary, we ate in front of here at a little sidewalk cafe. It doesn't get anymore romantic than that!

So, now I am waiting for my flight home, starting to think of all the things I've forgotten for 5 days-- schedules, PTA, Relief Society, etc. . . I don't know if I will ever do anything this spontaneous and crazy-fun again, but I definitely hope so!!!







s
o
u

No comments: