Monday, February 16, 2009

When in Rome (part 2)

Really quick again-- I'm running out of juice for the laptop. We spent most of the day at the Vatican today. It was fantastic! I was able to see many works of art in person that I studied in Art History. Here's me in one of the Vatican museum courtyards.
Here's our bootleg picture inside the Sistine chapel. This place is absolutely incredible.

This is St. Peter's square. It is two football fields from where Layne took the picture to the entryway of the basilica. Please take not of the very top of the building (over 7 stories high)--
This is a picture from the TOP of that dome-- we climbed 332 steps after a 4 story elevator ride to get there. My legs hurt! Here's St. Peter's square from above.



We went back to the colosseum at night. Very cool view.






No comments: