Monday, September 08, 2008

About Freakin' Time

It's finally done! The contractor finished up all of the little things today, I paid him and I now have my house back! Except it's not really my house back-- at least part of it is brand new.

It looks fantastic, if I do say so myself. After countless trips to Home Depot, Lowe's and various other flooring, tile, lighting, etc. stores, I finally have things in the kitchen exactly the way I want them. From this point on, all of the dirt that gets in there is my own dirt-- not 30 years of other peoples' accumulated shiz.

This is the first time in my life where I have not settled for anything. Layne spoiled me rotten. I wanted granite countertops-- I got them. I wanted a tile backsplash-- I got it. I wanted all new stainless appliances-- got them too. It is beautiful-- I could just stare at it all day.

The only problem with this whole situation is that, now that I have the kitchen just how I want it, my bedroom seems awfully outdated. . .

No comments: