Monday, September 01, 2008

We're pretending it's my birthday






My birthday is really September 2nd-- tomorrow. However, because of ever present soccer and the other million things we have to do tomorrow, we're pretending today is my birthday. I'm 29, of course.

The day started in one of my favorite ways-- sleeping in on a rainy morning. Tina called at about 9:00 and said to get out of bed and go on a bike ride with her and Calli-- our one chance without trailers full of kids. We were having a blast-- about 5 miles in and then the storm hit. We rode most of the way home in serious wind. I then had my first experience of riding in HAIL. Not great, but it was kind of funny. Calli was almost challenging the storm. I was happy to get home when we did.

I spent the rest of the morning cleaning the bathrooms-- badly needed. You know it's time to scrub when you'd rather hold it and use the bathroom at Walmart than use your own toilet. I'm feeling much better about it now.

We spent the rest of the afternoon at the cabin with my parents. It was beautiful, if not a little chilly. Here's some pics:

All in all, it was a pretty good almost birthday. We'll see how I feel about being 29 and 10 halfs tomorrow...

No comments: