Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Stay-At-Home Mom?

One of the first questions I always get asked when I meet someone is, "what do you do?" I've always answered something like "I'm a stay-at-home Mom." I've decided that is a lie. I never stay at home, and I don't know any "stay-at-home" moms who really do.

Here's why. As if there aren't enough required things to do (grocery shopping, doctors, dentists, etc.) "stay-at-home" moms get all of the chores that the other moms don't do. PTA, soccer coach, carpool, church stuff-- you name it, it falls to us. We are the way the world gets done.

Some days it sounds pretty dang good to leave everything home, go somewhere with grown-ups and get paid to do much less than I currently do in a day. The reality is that the world needs more "stay-at-home" moms much more than we need more advertising executives.

So, next time someone asks me what I do, I'm gonna say I run the world.

2 comments:

amy said...

Kim...I love it! I think I might have to use that answer too :)

Lewis Fam said...

Hell Yes!!!!