Sunday, September 07, 2008

A little spaghetti


The coolest thing happened today-- I cooked spaghetti. Yes, I know, it's only spaghetti. I ate so much of the flippin' stuff growing up that it's not one of my favorite meals. (The seemingly weekly rotation also included tacos, beef stroganoff, corned beef casserole, and lasagne casserole-- I never make any of those things now, althought my family has probably had it with grilled chicken, stir fry and, well any other thing with chicken in it.)

Anyway, I am so excited to cook spaghetti because it means that my kitchen is finally finished!!! Okay. Finished as in useable. The contractor is coming back tomorrow to do a few more touch ups, but for all intents and purposes, we are back in business!

I spent most of last night putting things in cupboards and cleaning up. I could have cried to eat my cereal out of a real bowl with a real spoon this morning. The best part is that the kitchen is as good as I envisioned. When I was cooking the spaghetti, there was actually room for Em, Mike and Doug to be in there helping me. No more one-woman kitchen! Now the little turds will have to come up with a different excuse for not helping me in the kitchen because now, there actually IS room!

No comments: