Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A Letter To The Spammers Who Screwed Up My Email

Dear Spammers,

Thank you for making me aware of how vitally connected I am to my email. This weekend, you somehow gained access to my email account and contacted everyone I know about your cheapo-scam website. Most people could tell that the email was not from me. (Next time, you might at least try to make it seem like you have more than a second grade education when you send an email from someone else.)

Also, thank you for deleting my ENTIRE contact list. You forced me to take a look at who I really want in there.

I thank you because your deplorable actions caused me to take some security measures I should have taken long ago. I keep hearing about people whose lives are ruined because of information theft-- thank you for the wake-up call.

Still, as we are all responsible for our actions, I am reporting you to every agency I can find. Seriously, you put a link to your website in the email-- brilliant. If it were up to me, you'd spend a little time in jail and all of it would be spent sitting in front of a computer typing "I'm Sorry" letters to all of the people inconvenienced by your stupidity.

Sincerely,

A Victim

No comments: