Sunday, September 28, 2008

Top Ten

As Layne always says at the end of Sunday, "Another weekend shot in the butt." In the spirit of "glass half full" and all that, I offer my top ten of the week list:

10. I haven't heard back from the PTA council president yet. She sent me a nasty-gram email and asked me to respond. You bet I did. Sorry about that, Kara.
9. The week was completely soccer-game-free. Is that what it feels like to get out of jail?
8. I cooked every night but one. (Really, you want me to cook on Friday night?) Oh. Saturday doesn't count either.
7. I didn't water the lawn. The lawn didn't grow. I didn't have to mow the lawn. Why didn't I think of this before?
6. Mike wants to earn money for a new Wii game which costs about $60. Mike is my slave for a long time.
5. An article I wrote forever ago was published in the Ensign this month. You can read it here, if you're bored.
4. The construction crew finally came and finished my road. They actually swept up all of their cigarette butts and empty water bottles too! Somebody tip those guys.
3. Layne had a much better week at work this week. This means that we all had a much better week at home too.
2. I put over 80 miles on my bike this week in absolutely perfect weather every day. (Normally this would be #1)
1. President Uchtdorf's talk last night justified much of the mundane existence which is my life as a full-time mother and made me feel like homemaking is an art again. Go Moms!

Here's to a new week-- may we all be blessed with the creativity that is ours for the taking...

No comments: