Monday, April 06, 2009

Back on the Wagon. Again.

It was a bitter sweet day-- mostly bitter. Today, I hauled my fat butt back on the healthy wagon. That wagon left me behind about 6 months ago and the results are not good. I guess I thought that, because I worked so hard to lose weight, that it would never find me again.

Boy, was I wrong.

Here are my top 7 signs it's time to get serious about losing weight (again.)

7. I started justifying my food choices-- Doritos are made of corn-- that makes them vegetables?
6. When I put on a t-shirt, my inclination is to pull my knees up in it to stretch it out.
5. I have to weigh myself twice because I'm positive the first one CANNOT be right.
4. My five year old mentions, "Gosh Mom, you sure like chocolate a lot lately!"
3. Instead of being happy for my friends who have recently lost weight, I hate them. (Just kidding, guys! Sort of.)
2. I take extra long showers-- just to steam up the mirror so I don't have to see myself.
1. I'm dreading washing my jeans because I lose circulation in my feet after they come out of the dryer. (Can I get one more day of wear out of this broken-in pair?)

So, it is with sadness and trepidation that I venture back into the world of keeping a food journal and eating carrot sticks. (Ugh.)

The problem with round two is that I know what works, and I remember how hard it is. I know that, if I want to have any hope of finishing that 100 mile ride in June, I've got to get serious, though.

Here's to celery. . .

(Sigh.)

5 comments:

Tina said...

You're Awesome! I just justify it all by the fact that no matter what I gain, it's baby weight! That's suppose to come off easier, right? All though I have to admit, I step on the scale twice everytime. sheesh, here's to spring and summer and me not going anyplace in a swimsuit!

The Nash's said...

Here, here! :)

7packofbearss said...

I think that feeling is part of spring. Like spring cleaning. I have been having the hurry and put clothes on before looking in the mirror feeling. And the my clothes are just feeling tight because they are shrinking in the wash justification. Yuck!

April Showers said...

Can I join you in the weight loss quest? Someday *sigh* someday, I'd like to ride a bike with you too... let me just get through this little thing called school first!

Unknown said...

LOL at number two.
Plus, I think hot showers make you sweat, and sweat is weight loss?? Yes??
Oh forget it.