Thursday, April 09, 2009

My Easter Addiction

So, the Easter Bunny came last night and he brought me an awesome new toy:


For years, we've had our cell phones through Qwest--I'm talking like 9 years. We got a postcard the other day saying that they were no longer offering wireless service, so we had to find something else.

This was reason enough for Layne to go on a quest. (No pun intended:-) He went to a seminar about selling to different groups of people-- and they said that Generation X stalks their purchases-- which is exactly what Layne does.

He went to all of the cell phone places and sat in front of the computer for hours. He tried to explain it to me, and I finally had to stop him and tell him I had the same amount of interest in this as he had when I was deciding what color of ties to buy the boys for Easter.

He came home with iphones yesterday.

I've been strictly on the bare-bones phone for all this time. It did NOTHING but call and get calls.

Now, I have this super-cool thing that I can't seem to put down.

I played on it until 1:00 this morning. I've been looking for cool grocery list apps and ringtones all afternoon. I can blog from it! Coolest of all, there's this weight loss coach which tracks how much you should be eating, what you ate already, figures in exercise, etc. to help you make whatever goal you set. Love it! (Plus, I think twice about eating anything because I am dang slow at the touch keyboard thing.)

So, I am officially announcing my arrival into the 21st century. The only problem is that iphones don't come in pink!

3 comments:

Bates Babe said...

Thats awesome Kim. Craig will be jealous. He has wanted one of those for a long time now.

7packofbearss said...

Jared will be jealous too. iphones are awesome!

R Fitz said...

That's great! I can really understand the excitement since I am on one of those awful won't do anything at all phones too...not even a camera so I lug it everywhere I go too...way to go Layne! It pays to have a hubby spend a lot of time deciding on the perfect one...they decide upon the best!