Friday, April 17, 2009

Last Day of Spring Break

All in all, we've had a fun week. We've done something fun every day (well, fun for the kids, anyway ;-)


Layne took today off. We slept in (hooray!) then went up to the Alpine Arts Center. Due to some cool trading on Layne's part, we were able to commission Dennis Smith to do a painting for us. It's not finished yet, but here's a preview. I love it. I will post better pics when it is finished.

Yes, that is our house and our giant tree in front. (Maybe I should make him paint over the branch that fell down and take out the bushes by the front door that I just had ripped out?) One funny thing-- our family is in the pic-- Em's riding her bike, the boys are playing on the lawn, Layne was raking leaves (haha) and I am sitting by the tree. With another little girl. Where'd she come from?

Anyway, after that, we went to the Salt Palace to get our registration stuff for the marathon tomorrow and then to this awesome (and awesomely expensive) Italian restaurant for real Italian pizza and gelato. I know, that's not diet food, but I was reasonable about it-- and I'm down 5 pounds so far! Then we went to REI and I got some new Keen sandals. Good day for me! Even makes up for having to go swimming yesterday!

3 comments:

R Fitz said...

The painting is looking beautiful! I can't wait to see the finished product...but I am curious about the additional little girl on there...

7packofbearss said...

Maybe he was inspired to put another little girl in there. Makes you want to try again doesn't it!:)

Jamie said...

That is awesome! Where are you going to but your new artwork? And really, what's up with the 2nd girl. Do you need to tell us something Kim?