Thursday, April 23, 2009

PTA = Pain in The Arse.

I haven't blogged for a few days-- I've been busy.

One of the too-many hats I wear lately is that of PTA co-president. This hat is an ugly one sometimes and like a hat that's a little too tight, it gives me a headache.

Luckily, my sentence for wearing this hat is nearly up. There are 24 1/2 days left of school (but who's counting?)

To be perfectly honest, this job hasn't been as bad as I thought, but it definitely has its moments. Like this week.

Today was our fundraising walkathon. We've been working on this for weeks. We've begged and pleaded for funds and prizes for local businesses. (I hate doing that!) It's taken countless hours of planning and preparation. Amazingly, it went really well.

We raised over $6,000 today and I am breathing a sigh of relief. I've been so amazed at how generous people have been, in spite of the rough economy.

Mostly, I am just glad to have one more thing checked off my list.

Parent Teacher Association or Pain in The Arse? PTA stands for both, I guess.

24 1/2 days and it's not my problem anymore.

Ahhh. Relief.

2 comments:

R Fitz said...

I amend my previous blog post...nothing in the world could convince me to copy the fun in this post! I like your new name for the PTA!

7packofbearss said...

I still think you are crazy for accepting president. You couldn't pay me enough to do it. Especially since I would actually have to pay my dues and join the PTA.

May your last 24 1/2 days be uneventful.