Monday, April 13, 2009

Sprung Break (Not a spelling error.)

Spring Break has sprung. Today we went to the zoo with 11 of our closest friends. It was an adventure, as the oldest was 10 and five of them were under 3. It would have been more fun if the rest of Utah wouldn't have been there as well. Everyone else checked the weather report to see that today was going to be the ONLY good day of the whole break. That stinks.
I'm seriously considering packing the kids up and heading to Southern Utah for a few days. I can't seem to make up my mind. Layne can't come, so I would be taking the brundt of the kids spring break energy on myself. Although, if we stay here, I will still get most of that energy plus the cooped-in-nothing-to-do energy.

It looks like this week blows for me no matter which way I go.

3 comments:

R Fitz said...

Here are a few closer ideas that you might enjoy...have you done the Living Planet Aquarium in Sandy? It's GREAT!!! Also, if the weather shows signs of being okay enough that you could handle outside for a little while and the rest inside try the Ogden Dinosaur Park...they have life size dino replicas that are a lot of fun plus mining for gold and rock treasure finds. The planetarium is also a fun indoor activity. I will be giving most of these a re-run this week with the kids if you wanted to meet up and do them, unless Zak decides to make them evening activities instead.

Terra said...

Hey! Yeah...I was with the other half of Utah at Thanksgiving Point yesterday. I feel your pain...already anxious for spring break to be over. This weather sucks!!! Have fun in Southern Utah - I'd go and enjoy the sun.

7packofbearss said...

Don't go. You would be leaving me here with my ferocious five... alone! Just kidding, if you go, have fun.