Friday, April 03, 2009

Random Friday Thoughts

Random thoughts on my mind.


1. Thanks to my friend Helene, I actually made one of those sugar Easter egg things today with Doug. I have proof.



Very domestic of me, huh?

2. As Layne has been gone, I chose bribery (as opposed to beating) as my form of zookeeping this week. I promised my kids that if they gave me ZERO trouble at all while Layne was gone, I would take them to Monsters vs. Aliens 3D. We went and here's my review: it was all right. I know, my usual level of verbosity (is that a word?) is lacking here, but that's all I came up with. They liked it though, so it's all good. I'm wishing that I wouldn't have eaten popcorn and Cadbury eggs for dinner, though-- and now I'm thinking I've got to go make up for it on the trainer.

3. I stayed up until 2:00 in the morning last night finishing The Time Traveler's Wife. I have to say, I'm actually embarrassed to admit that I read it, as it contains some language and graphic imagery that is definitely not suitable for children or adults who give a rip about morality. I am confessing my faux pas for one reason-- to let you all know that I have ripped up that BBC reading list. I am now in search of a list of good reading material that is NOT offensive. Is there such a list? Does it contain any books that don't have pictures?

I did join www.goodreads.com last night, if anyone wants to be my book-friend. And I should probably stop reading for a little while, as a few things have gotten neglected around here. (Laundry? What laundry?) Maybe I'll start that plan after I read the new Fablehaven.

6 comments:

R Fitz said...

Your egg turned out good!

Thanks for the heads up on the movie...guess we'll wait for the sticky shoe to play it.

Yeah....I am finding that list a bit difficult myself. I think I'll stick to word of mouth from trusted sources for more of my reading than that list.

7packofbearss said...

Good job on the egg. It is awesome. I am so impressed with your skills.

Fablehaven is awesome hurry and read it so we can talk about it. And who needs clean laundry anyways? It is highly overrated.

the weisenburger life said...

Kim, I joined goodreads. It's a fun site. I don't have your email, but I would love to see what you have. One of my favorite books is "These Is My Words" by Nancy Turner. If you haven't read, you'll like it. Best thing is that there are two more in the series.

I didn't get home from Idaho in time to finish your cards, and work tonight, but will finish them soon! Sorry for the delay.

Unknown said...

I read THAT book too.

I was intrigued by the idea they had going, but agree that it was rather trashy.

They are making a movie out of it...(eyeroll...)

I just read the book My Sister's Keeper, by Jodi Picoult.

Awesome book. You will need Kleenex.

Unknown said...

Oooh, I agree with These is My Words.

I have that book if you want to borrow it. You will be on a waiting list at the library.

I haven't read the sequels yet, I am afraid they will ruin the original, ya know?

Robyn said...

Kim, saw your blog on Jamie's, for the books, you can look up the Provo Library and they have a good book list called "Squeaky clean and no caffeine".