Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Spring Break Day 2

So, I am still here.

In Antartica.


After looking at the forecast and realizing that it was going to be rainy and bad in St. George for two days too, I weighed my options and decided to stay. Really, who wants to be cramped up in a tiny hotel room with 3 crazy monkeys?


No thanks.


We went to Kangaroo Zoo instead. (That was a nice follow up to Hogle Zoo yesterday, I thought.)
I am still "on the wagon", FYI. I have even survived Easter candy, so far. (We won't talk about the free weekend I proclaimed.) I gave the kids each a gallon sized ziploc bag, told them to put all of their treats in it and hide it somewhere from me-- and if they left it out, I would throw it away.
It's worked so far. I have seen the occasional Reeses wrapper lying around (I am trying to avoid licking them clean :-) but overall, it's going well. It needs to be. This is too flippin' hard to ruin for some crappy Whopper eggs.

I can't wait for Saturday-- it's the Salt Lake Marathon. No, I'm not running it. (Are you nuts?) Two hours before they start the runners, they let cyclists ride the course. 26 miles on closed roads in Salt Lake-- it is a blast. Anyone want to join?

2 comments:

R Fitz said...

I can't believe it, but I've never tried Kangaroo Zoo. How is it for 7-8 year olds? The weather really has me worried for the days this week...at nights Zak will be helping with ideas but with no real friends here and their cousins near their age not living near by I am discovering a HUGE problem that I've never encountered with them before...thanks for posting what you've been doing, I may have to follow behind copying.

7packofbearss said...

I have had way too many whopper eggs. The thought makes my stomach hurt. The candy is almost gone though. Looks like you are being a way better spring break mom than me.