Wednesday, April 08, 2009

My Easter Basket

Remember how cool it was to get an Easter basket when you were little? I remember one time, the Easter Bunny gave us Easter sand-pails instead of baskets and he hid them under our beds. I also remember always getting a new spring dress and how much fun it was to go to church.

I've been thinking about Easter Baskets and that it would be fun to have one now. Although, now that I'm in Diet Hell, I guess I'd have to forgo the Snickers and Cadbury Eggs. (Sigh.) Here's what I'd want the Easter Bunny to bring, if grown-ups got baskets. (And no, Layne, you are NOT to go out and get me this stuff!)

* The new U2 album. What I've heard of it so far has not made me run out and buy it, but if the Easter Bunny's giving it to me free, then what the heck?
*New cute black shoes that I can wear with skirts without nylons. I've been looking for the perfect shoes for months with no luck. Maybe the Easter Bunny knows the shoe fairy.
*A gorgeous new Easter dress that makes me look like I'm a size 6.
*A whole bunch of the light blue kind of Stride gum-- I'm chewing a lot of it lately to trick myself into thinking there's something good in my mouth.
*A copy of These Is My Words by Nancy Turner, as that seemed to be the book that everyone I know recommended to me after my last unfortunate book review. (Note to Shaunte-- you were right. I'll be dead before it's my turn to check it out of the library.)
*New mascara. I know that I need to replace mine, but I'm too flippin' cheap.
*A new lawnmower that works like those Roomba vacuums. Wouldn't that be the bomb?

Not much, right? He is magic, after all. . .

2 comments:

R Fitz said...

What a fun post!!! I want an Easter bunny too, he seems to skip our house since he always goes to the kids' other house...I always thought he might visit me if the kids were here full time...glad to know it doesn't work that way.

Unknown said...

Come get the book.

I also have diet food, so my house is a "safe" house. Unlike our parents.