Tuesday, October 28, 2008

All Grown Up

Today I noticed two things that made me realize that I really am getting old.



The first was that my taste in books has changed. I used to hate Jane Austen-- I thought that she was boring. Recently, I decided to give Emma a second chance, and am finding it very entertaining. Either I was wrong the first time or I now like boring stuff.




The second was visual proof-- I was putting all of my Yellowstone pictures in an album (no scrapbooking for me) and I discovered that I am getting laugh lines. How can that be? I still feel 24. (I also decided that I look an awful lot like my mom, but we'll save that topic for another post.)


There are a few more signs that I'm not exactly part of the "rising generation" anymore-- I think I've already risen.

*I can't live for days on Doritos and Dr. Pepper anymore.

*I will give up a lot of things for a good night's sleep.

*At least ten times a day, I tell my kids to "turn it down!"

*I don't know how to text on my cell phone, even if my low-tech phone was enabled to do so.

*When they put the age stats on for pro-football, I'm older than all of the players.

*I'll be old enough to be elected President of the United States within the next year. (That is, if I remember anything about US History, as that was a really long time ago.)


I used to think of things in terms of "when I grow up". I guess I'm there.

No comments: