Friday, October 10, 2008

My Plan For Saving Money

So, is anybody else freaked out about the 4,000 point drop in the stock market? When I hear the media geeks say things like "crash" and "recession", I start to think of my little old great grandma who tried to put paper plates in the dishwasher because she couldn't bear to throw anything away.



In the spirit of waste not, want not, here's my plan to save money:



1. I refuse to turn on the furnace yet. Nevermind that I could see my breath while laying in bed this morning. Buck up kids and put on another sweatshirt.



2. I'm only going to put on make-up every other day. This saves me time and money. Sorry to all of you who have to see me on the off day.



3. I'm not going to Walmart anymore. I spend an average of $100 every trip. I spend $30 or so when I go to Albertsons, but I go twice as much. The way I figure, if I quit going to Wally's, I'll come out $40 ahead every week.



4. I cleaned out the car. I figure I was driving around with at least 500 pounds of old french fries, laffy taffy wrappers, broken Happy Meal Toys, deposit receipts, and other trash. Not to mention my husband's golf clubs-- how'd they get in my car anyway? That should give me like 20 miles more a gallon.



5. Kids can buy school lunch. Now I know, you'd think this would be the more expensive option. However, with my spoiled eaters, when you add up the gogurt, string cheese, Capri Sun, apple, crackers and lunch meat, I'm spending $2.50 or so per lunch. That's $10 a week!



6. This is my favorite one. I saw this new bike trainer where you hook up a power station to the trainer and actually store energy as you exercise! In 3 hours, you can store enough energy to charge 50 cell phones. Who needs a generator? I gotta get me one of these babies!



1 comment:

7packofbearss said...

that's awesome!! it works as food storage as well because you could use the generator to cook your food while you work off the calories!! genius:)