Monday, October 06, 2008

The Simple Solution

I'm sitting here watching the news, and of course, it is all about the crazy economy. Some guy is talking about how much fear and anxiety is pressing on our society. He says that people should seek for correct information and try to make calm, rational decisions.

That's all well and good, but I think there is a much simpler way to destress and fix the economy at the same time-- it's all about the bike.

We should all get another economic "stimulus" check. With it, everyone should go buy a nice bike-- American made, of course. This stimulates the economy and gives people a great way to destress. This also cuts down on gas used-- which somehow solves the energy crisis at the same time. We could all buy more spandex and laugh at each other as we ride-- and you all know that laughter is the best remedy for stress.

We'd all buy more food because you get hungry after a long ride. (Again, more economic stimulation.) We'd all lose weight and have to buy new clothes. We'll all have more energy, so we'll work harder and faster and make more money.

Problem solved-- I'm really not seeing a downside here.

Except for the snow. But, according to the democrats, we're all in for global warming anyway, so it's all good.

Maybe I should run for President. Next time, I'll let you know how I'm going to fix the war in Iraq. Also with bikes, of course.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I think it is perfectly logical! I'll write you in the on the ballot.

The Nash's said...

I'm sold! As soon as I am done being a fat pregnant lady I will have to join the biking babes!...Well I guess when I am done being pregnant and fat then I will just be fat...I guess that's where the bike comes in! How fun a fellow blogger in the ward:)