Sunday, October 05, 2008

My Cup Runneth Over

Wow! I'm sitting here after two days of General Conference and I feel a lot like I do after Thanksgiving dinner-- tired and full. General Conference was absolutely fantastic, but I think it is going to take me a while to digest, you know?

Mike was so cute on Saturday morning. When President Monson came on, he looked up at me and said, "Mom, someday I want to be a prophet." I smiled and hugged him and thought how I'll just be happy if he goes on a mission and gets married in the temple. He's a great kid, though, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Our kids were actually surprisingly good during the whole weekend. Doug escaped to play gamecube a couple of times-- I guess Conference can't compete with Darth Vadar if you are four. He stuck in there for the first session and parts of all the others, though, so I can't complain.

So, I guess now comes the hard work. The Spirit told me quite a few things that I need to work on (never a comfortable feeling), so I guess it's time to do just that-- get to work!

1 comment:

Lewis Fam said...

You are such a good example women!!! Thanks again for sharing so much of you.