Thursday, October 16, 2008

Wish You Were Here?

We left at 6:00 am. After 5 hours, two stops, a million "are we there yets?" and 3 movies (thank heaven we bought the minivan with the DVD player!), we arrived in West Yellowstone. Along with half of Utah, all out of school for UEA. It's okay. Here's what we saw today:
In another life, I'd want to be a buffalo. The bigger the better and I'd have awesome hair.

And we saw this:



It took us days to see a coyote last time and we just about hit one on our first day in the park this time!

And this was fantastic:



This is Gibbon Falls. Not, as I thought, named after a small ape, but after some guy named Gibbon. (Maybe he was named after the small ape. )


Doug took this one:


It's better than the one he took the other day while I was cleaning in my cut off sweats, tied-up sweatshirt and doo-rag on my head. That was a shocker to upload. Hit Delete Quick!!!

Tomorrow I may make my second pilgrimage on my bike from West Yellowstone to Old Faithful. 60 miles round trip and about 50,000 feet of climbing. I don't think buffalo were made for climbing...

1 comment:

Jamie said...

So fun! I do wish I were there. Have oodles of fun!!!