Tuesday, October 14, 2008

My Vote for President

I'm in a quandry about this year's election--
The problem is the lack of selection.
Except for the race and age and name,
I think the two candidates are mostly the same.

I think they're both greedy and rude and ambitious,
Their motives for running are suspect and suspicious.
Neither seems like someone I'd want to follow,
Their promises all ring a little too hollow.

I'd like a leader who leads by example,
Whose morals and values are solid and ample.
Who doesn't switch sides just to come out on top
Who stands by his record and won't ever stop.

My choices this year are looking, well, bleak.
McCain and Obama are both seeming weak.
Given the choice, I think I'll write in
My husband for President-- think he can win?

1 comment:

Lewis Fam said...

women you are so dang talented!!!!!! Thank you for taking care of my kid's tonight in the nursery.