Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Our New Toy

UPS brought our Christmas present today. After our trip to Yellowstone and comparing our point-and-shoot pictures to my dad's DSLR pictures, we decided to get our own. We got a Nikon D80. I had fun this afternoon, although I realize how very much I have to learn about this new hobby. Here are some of my first attempts:
I love the quick action on this camera-- caught Mikey mid-air.

I only had late afternoon lighting to work with, but it was fun to experiment.

A guy came into Layne's office today and saw a picture of Michael and said, "that boy's going to be a movie star." I think he's pretty handsome myself, even if he is kind of a poser.
With such cute kids, you'd think I'd want another one, huh? :-)
Now, I'm afraid I'm going to turn into one of those moms who sees everything from behind a camera lens. . .

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I'm coveting your present - do you think UPS could deliver one to me too? I love the pictures, I think you've got some talent there!

Anonymous said...

Santa leaves the presents, not UPS....good girls don't peek. I'm related to Mrs. Claus and if she finds out your are using your present early you may get coal from Santa.