Thursday, October 09, 2008

I Hate People

I know, I know. It's a blunt statement. But if you'd just spent 3 1/2 hours at the school baking cookies and pretzels and disgusting churros for way too many dirty-handed little kids and their parents, you'd hate people too.

Every time I do something at the school where I come in contact with most of the families who attend there, I am amazed at the number of clueless, rude, or just plain ignorant people who live here.

There are the kids who lie and tell you they haven't already had 5 of whatever you're giving out. There are the kids-- and parents-- who stand there with their hands out even though you are obviously not ready to give them anything yet. There are the ones who complain about what you are doing, who never do anything themselves. Best yet, there are the ones who broadcast how they hate the PTA, but get upset if their kids are left out of anything.

I almost smacked one of them today.

I always wondered what happened to all of the past PTA presidents-- why you never see them around anymore after their sentence is up. Now I know. They hate people too.

No comments: