Thursday, October 23, 2008

Things That Make Me Say Wow!

In our school, the entries for the PTA Reflections contest were due today. There was much scrambling at our house last night to get pictures mounted, dvds burned and forms filled out. Thankfully, both kids had their entries in by the 3:30 deadline.



The theme this year was pretty wide-open and more than a little vague-- "Wow". That's it. My first thought was "Wow. That's all you could come up with?"



It actually turned out to be interesting to see what kinds of things made my kids say "Wow." Most had to do with our recent trip to Yellowstone. Emalee made a video of the pictures she took with her own camera. Here's one that she entered in the photography category:

Not bad for an eight year old, huh?

So I've been thinking about the stuff that makes me say "Wow". Here are a few:

"Wow! Are the boys ever going to learn to hit the toilet?"

"Wow! That Diet Coke tastes really great, especially after swearing off it for two weeks. Again."

"Wow! I actually got the laundry done and folded on the same day!"

"Wow! My ESP must be better than I thought-- Layne just brought home a Wendy's Cookie Dough Frosty and all I did was think about how good it would be!"

"Wow! I wonder how long that half eaten apple has been in this car?"

"Wow! I am so blessed, it is scary some times!"

Think about it sometime-- what makes you say "Wow"?

No comments: